Navigation

Monday, December 15, 2008

Brrr!

It's cold outside. There is snow on the ground. Sunday night the temperature got down to the teens. We are supposed to get more snow, maybe enough to ski on. (-8 ------ I just got interrupted from my post because UPS brought 2 packages of which 1 was a brown-paper covered plywood box that was securely nailed together. I took my handy Leatherman Tool and pulled enough nails to open it. The 2 packages ended up being from Grandpa. ------ Back to my original plan of posting: The weekend before last, we took Grandma to the airport in Phoenix and on the way, we stopped at Tonto Natural Bridge: another postcard place. It was AMAZING and well worth it. It will take too long to explain it in one post so I will post a few pictures:
Tara by a Parry's Agave


This waterfall is under the bridge

Looking out from under the bridge

Again, email me if you want more pics.

Also on our excursion in The Valley we had the opportunity to do some bee-removal, and it was very interesting. The bees were in the wall of a mobile home and filled up the whole space between 2 studs. It was a very strong hive. The only reason that the occupants of the house didn't spray the bees is so that we could have a chance at the honey. There was one problem: the bees were africanized! Sooo... our bee suits did not do the greatest job of keeping the stings away. Dad and I were both stung through our leather gloves and were still swollen a few days later. We got a gallon of honey out of the deal but we only took half of it because Dad was sick of dealing with it - and I don't blame him. It must be noted that Dad did most of the work because I was easily dissuaded from the painful task. I ended up soaking myself with the garden hose and walking down the street to rid myself of the remaining brutes. After squishy shoes and a few strange looks I changed into dry clothes and remained in the house till Dad was done. I had to wear my flannel pajama pants because the only pair of jeans I brought was drenched.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/17/2008

    The thought of the strange looks you got made me chuckle. :-)

    Tonto Natural Bridge State Park- I recommend it!

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12/17/2008

    Wow! You had to be very brave to attempt such a project!

    I like the pics!

    Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete