Navigation

Monday, December 1, 2008

More Holiness Give Me

More holiness give me, More strivings within;
More patience in suff'ring, More sorrow for sin;
More faith in my Saviour, More sense of His care;
More joy in His service, More purpose in prayer.

More gratitude give me, More trust in the Lord;
More pride in His glory, More hope in His Word;
More tears for His sorrows, More pain at His grief;
More meekness in trial, More praise for relief.

More purity give me, More strength to o'ercome;
More freedom from earth-stains, More longings for home;
More fit for the kingdom, More used would I be;
More blessed and holy, More, Saviour, like Thee.
-Philip P. Bliss, 1838-1876

Grandma (Paternal) has been here since the 21st when we brought her home from Denver, CO where we had been for Mom's TMJ treatment. We had dinner with the Hannah family while we were there, as well as going swimming with the Greens and walking ~2 miles across Denver Tech Center. Grandma has been really helpful. The day before yesterday, she washed windows and since she's been here she helped Dad to clean and oil 4 sewing machines. They all work good now. We've had snow and rain so it seems like winter is just about here, if not already.
These pictures are all from our trip to CO. If you want more, e-mail me. The hoar frost is from a road that was supposed to lead through Great Sand Dunes National Park. Streets and Trips for some reason took us on this road that dead-ended at a trail head. I can't remember where exactly but it was beautiful anyway. Maybe I will find out where and post it later.

4 comments:

  1. Hey! You blogged! I really like the pictures of the hoar frost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12/13/2008

    wow, those pictures look like postcards! Incredibly gorgeous - Colorado has suddenly become one of those places I want to visit before I die (or maybe after I die - I'm sure it would be really pretty all new and everything.

    Hey, tell me a little about the hymn you put down and why you posted it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12/13/2008

    (oh, that was Chris W. by the way... :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well...
    I was looking through a hymnal and came across this hymn. I read the words and found that it expresses very well what my heart would say right now. If you want, here's a web site with some history and the tune:

    http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/m/o/moreholi.htm

    ReplyDelete