Navigation

Monday, October 6, 2008

The Latest Happenings:

I was sorting through a pile of 2x4, 2x6, and 2x8 pieces mixed with sawdust (scraps from a truss factory) on Saturday. It had been setting for a long time and it was wet in the middle as it was not covered. Anyway, I was sorting out the pieces that were big enough to stack with a manure fork, kinda having fun since I hadn't been doing active work like that in a long time, when: ..."Hey, that's a black spider! I wonder if there's a hourglass on its underside!" I took my fork and flipped it over to reveal the red hourglass characteristic of the black widow! Well I found me a stick and got the monster to crawl up on it and headed straight for the shop, where I knew there was some spray...the creature is now dead beside the shop with a larger relative of hers making for a total of 2 deadly spiders. I also found several other spiders positively identifiable as non-deadly, some that were unidentifiable, a few beetles, countless red ants, and 1 wind scorpion. At the time the weather was cold enough that I was wearing a jacket. It wasn't the clearest day from what I can recall but the only change in weather from then till now is that it rained over the weekend and it is sunny now and thus warmer. I have now put my heavy quilt on my bed.
Other things I have been doing lately are:
  • Tarping wood
  • Fixing bikes
  • School (which I should finish soon)
  • Basketball
  • Having a science experiment fail twice
  • Reading (including the Bible and In His Steps)
  • And more
GOD IS GOOD!
Psalm 32-33